How Oil And Gas Can Learn From Tackling The Cost Challenge in Mining
Or if you're already a Energy member, sign in below to download. Sign In to Watch Become a member to Watch
The mining industry is faced with many challenges including cyclical metal prices, declining grades and skills shortages. One of the most significant challenges is costs which are steadily increasing, especially over the past five years. Higher costs impact on margins and put producers under extreme pressure especially when commodity prices fall.
This webinar discusses what can be done to tackle mining costs through a process of business improvement, with the key focus on maintenance costs and how the application of software tools can assist in this process.
In this webinar you will see:
- An overview of the contemporary challenges facing the mining industry
- The impacts and implications of these challenges
- Using equipment maintenance as an example of what to avoid
- The impact of low availability on mine performance
- Where to start with an improvement programme
- The kind of tools available to help with performance enhancement
- A recent case study from a mine that has put these tools to use and tangibly ameliorated their business
Mike Beare is a Chartered Mining Engineer with 20 years experience. During his career he has been involved in mine design, operations, production planning and mining method selection for underground mining projects and the application of continuous improvement principles to increase mine production. His operating experience covers UK, Africa, India, Greenland, South America, Australia, Spain, Russia, Kazakhstan and the Balkans. During his time with SRK Mike has been the Project Manager for 14 Feasibility Studies for various metal mines around the globe.