Welcome to the User Agreement for e-BIM and its affiliates. This agreement
describes the terms on which you may access and use our services.
In order to become
an e-BIM user, you must read and accept all of
and this User Agreement, the User Agreement shall control. Nothing
in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights
or benefits. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this
Agreement, you may not use nor access our services.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this Web site. Your continued use of the e-BIM service indicates your acceptance of the amended User Agreement.
Description of Service
e-BIM is an online service offered to enable professionals to find and connect with other professionals more effectively (the "e-BIM Service"). Whether looking for a job, a lead for that next deal or an industry expert, e-BIM users can make contact with thousands of professionals who are users of the e-BIM Service.
The e-BIM Service is not available to minors under the age of 18 or to any users suspended or removed from the system by e-BIM for any reason. Users may not have more than one active account. Additionally, users are prohibited from selling, trading or otherwise transferring your e-BIM account to another party. If you do not qualify, you may not use the e-BIM Service.
Use of Service
Your use of the e-BIM Service is governed by this User Agreement. e-BIM may refuse service without prior notice to any user for any or no reason. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your account privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You agree to immediately notify e-BIM of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. e-BIM cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
You agree that e-BIM may, with or without cause, immediately terminate your e-BIM account and access to the e-BIM Service without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by e-BIM of a user's use of the e-BIM Service: a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), d) unexpected technical issues or problems and e) extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your e-BIM account includes removal of access to all offerings within the e-BIM Service and may also bar you from further use of the e-BIM Service. Furthermore, you agree that all terminations shall be made in e-BIM's sole discretion and that e-BIM shall not be liable to you nor
You understand and agree not to use e-BIM to:
• Post content or initiate communications that are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable.
• Use the e-BIM Service for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
• Falsely state, impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
• Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications that include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
• Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
• Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to: a) using e-BIM invitations to send messages to people who don't know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) using e-BIM to connect to people who don't know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission and c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
• Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
• Stalk or harass anyone.
• Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the e-BIM Service.
• Post content in fields that aren't intended for that content. Example: Putting an address in a name or title field.
• Interfere with or disrupt the e-BIM Service or servers or networks connected to the e-BIM Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the e-BIM Service.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Information Provided on this Web Site
Access to Service
Use of manual or automated software, devices or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any Web pages contained in the e-BIM Web site is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our Web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to "frame" or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this Website. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with the e-BIM Service, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content we don't guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our Web site, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact our Customer Service Department to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the Web site.
Signing up for a basic e-BIM account is free. Certain other services are provided for free only to beta users. e-BIM reserves the right to charge for the e-BIM Service or any portion thereof, modify the pricing of, add to, or discontinue the e-BIM Service or any portion thereof without prior notice.
disclaimer of warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE e-BIM SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THAT e-BIM DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. e-BIM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. e-BIM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
e-BIM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: i) THE e-BIM SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ii) THE e-BIM SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE e-BIM SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE e-BIM SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE e-BIM SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM e-BIM OR THROUGH OR FROM THE e-BIM SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and e-BIM and governs your use of the e-BIM Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and e-BIM.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT e-BIM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF e-BIM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL e-BIM'S TOTAL CUMULATIVE DAMAGES EXCEED U.S. $100.
e-BIM, the e-BIM logo, and other e-BIM logos and names are trademarks of e-BIM and its affiliates. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without e-BIM's prior, written permission. The section titles of this User Agreement are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect.
Confirm your Details
Please confirm the following details to complete
the sign up process.
Take advantage of our FREE content and continue networking with your peers.